Onboarding Specialist - Zodia Venture
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- Accountable: Assist sales and pre-sales team with the onboarding process of new customers and end-users. Coordinate Client Acceptance process to ensure all onboardings are supported by relevant documentation, reviewed and approved, following Client Due Diligence Procedures
- Accountable: Maintains and enhance controls as per regulation. 100% passes for all processes and audit reviews. Takes responsibility for the proper management of CDD/KYC files and client records in the information systems. Ensure zero defects in providing evidence regarding execution of onboarding processes. Provide transparency, reports incidents and escalate blocking or complex cases to Risk, Compliance with expected action plans
- Accountable: Coordinate with internal functions including Service Delivery Teams, Sales, legal Compliance and technology to ensure all new launches and conversations are successfully project managed. Participate in cross-department customer experience streams to design future customer experience roadmap
- Accountable: perform periodic review of existing clients on an annual basis or resulting from trigger events. Escalate as necessary to Compliance
- Accountable: perform due diligence questionnaire on new Virtual Asset Service Provider counterparties (VASPs) for the purposes of fulfilling FATF Recommendation 16 requirements as applies to VASPs
- Accountable: perform first line review of flags created by transaction screening triggers, working with Financial Crime team where necessary for escalation
- Accountable: assist business and Compliance teams with detection of adverse media at client onboarding and on an ongoing basis
- Accountable: Making sure applications are fully compliant to mandated standards by adhering to processes and security compliance
- Accountable: Making sure resilient and robust applications recovery plans meet the business recovery
- Accountable: Making sure controls are applied and constantly reviewed, primarily against risk and compliance framework to ensure full compliance to all policies and regulatory obligations
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. After your application you will get the link to the test to your mailbox. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong and proven experience in customer service team or customer onboarding team
- Self-motivated and detailed oriented individual
- Reports efficiently to management, compliance and risk team
- Manage ambiguity with care and reports any conflict or issue with highest standards of transparency
- Experience working in a distributed team with diverse culture and background.
- Used to deal with customer around the globe
- Open to change and comfortable with managing different speed (CDD vs fast evolving environment) to protect customer holdings and company's reputation
- A few years or working experience in banking industry or for financial institution
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.