Originator for Structured Solutions & Leasing (SSL) team - London - Analyst
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Société Générale - UK
- 14 nov. 17 2017-11-14
Originator for Structured Solutions & Leasing (SSL) team
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department
SSL develops, originates and executes (alone or together with other business lines) structured banking products for clients or for SG's itself. The nature of the transactions executed by SSL are varied but typically address a specific requirement of the client or SG (being fiscal, regulatory or accounting requirement) as follows:
• Asset backed financing including the following
- tax-based leasing
- non-tax based leasing
- asset-based financing
- acquisition of leasing companies and leasing assets
• Financing or hedging transactions that provide an attractive financing cost and/or regulatory/capital efficiency
• Structuring M&A to increase efficiency on pre or post tax basis as appropriate
• Optimising return on investments or risk profile
• Implementing efficient tools to manage cash positions including in emerging markets
• Transactions to enhance regulatory efficiency (eg: from Deferred Tax Assets)
SSL has a specific business model based on a team approach for all products & jurisdictions. SSL operates under a detailed approval and monitoring process which reflects the structured nature of its activity and incorporates appropriate approval standards; eg: SG Tax Code of Conduct.
Summary of the Key Purposes of the Role
• In conjunction with SSL management and senior team members, contribute to sustaining and expanding the SSL franchise through the development and origination of transactions for clients and , where relevant, SG's own position .
• In conjunction with senior team members, ensure compliance with the SSL governance process including in relation to transaction execution
• In conjunction with SSL management and team members, represent SSL in internal dialogues to promote the SSL franchise
Summary of Responsibilities
• To assist in the development of product solutions for clients and, where appropriate SG's own position, consistent with the SSL perimeter.
• To assist in the origination of transactions for the SSL perimeter in co-ordination with other SG business lines as appropriate
• To undertake or assist, as appropriate, in the execution of SSL transactions consistent with the SSL perimeter.
• To assist , where appropriate, to the enhancement of the SSL franchise in line with GLFI's and SG Group's strategy and priorities
• To undertake or assist, as appropriate, that transaction execution and related activities are undertaken in accordance with SSL governance and approval process
• To undertake or assist, as appropriate, that permanent supervision and related governance requirements are adhered to.
• Ability to develop an understanding of structured finance transactions including in a cross border context (which may include tax-based or leasing, asset-backed financing or more general areas of structured finance).
• Ability to develop an understanding of origination concepts in relation structured finance transactions across a range of client sectors and for SG's own position where appropriate.
• Ability to assist in the execution of structured finance transactions including legal documentation, risk and financial modelling aspects.
• Understanding of the risk concepts (conduct, reputational, financial, etc.) underlying the governance process for SSL, GLFI, and the SG Group.
• Client orientation - demonstrate appropriate standard of behaviour for dealing with clients.
• Innovation – understanding of the basic concepts for development of new solutions and products in line with the SSL perimeter and strategy.
• Team spirit – experience of working with people with diverse, international backgrounds and leading teams, where appropriate.
• Commitment – ability to manage self in prioritising tasks and managing competing deadlines.
• Communication skills – ability to communicate internally within SG and to external advisers as appropriate.
• Responsibility – demonstrate the appropriate standard of conduct in relation to governance and compliance issues in line with the SSL governance, the SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.