- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- 10 nov. 17 2017-11-10
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
The Programme Delivery team, within the Portfolio Office, is responsible for the delivery of cross-functional, global programmes. Based in the Headquarters function, the team provides consistent governance and oversight and is not functionally aligned, thereby ensuring impartiality when servicing multiple functions.
In addition team consists of full time project managers with responsibility for delivering projects for functions that do not have their own dedicated change teams.
The team works very closely with Risk, Finance and Ops change teams who have responsibility for delivering mainly function-specific projects. All teams work closely with their stakeholders and sponsors in the line and maintain close working relationships with Technology partners, both internal and external.
- The specific role we are looking for is to manage and build the central team of project managers who deliver a portfolio of projects for functions that do not have their own change teams
- Current projects include compliance regulatory deliveries and front office system development projects
- Responsible for co-ordinating project planning, tracking and delivery activities relating to one or more projects within the Project Portfolio Office, working according to the prescribed project governance framework
- Role will require the individual to deliver projects as the project manager in addition to managing a team of project managers to deliver other projects
Key objectives critical to success:
- Providing clear communication with the key stakeholders of the project's status and RAIDs, all of which require ongoing, proactive management
- Establish and run Steering Committee's, as appropriate, and escalate issues via the appropriate project and program governance structures
- Work closely with the subject matter experts (SMEs) in the line - primarily in Global Markets and Compliance - as well as with colleagues in IT, who will be largely dedicated to these projects
- Manage the creation and review of user test plans, and co-ordinate user testing
- Both attend and lead frequent meetings with the Project Team, Technology, SMEs and stakeholders
Skills, qualifications and knowledge required
- Essential to have experience of leading multiple projects across various functions, either at an Investment Bank or in Consulting, with a solid understanding of standard processes and flows and a good understanding of investment banking products
- Ability to assimilate, translate and communicate business concepts and requirements
- Strong stakeholder management in order to drive projects forward and ensure milestones are met
- Attention to detail and high quality standards relating to documentation, processes and the control environment.
- Confident self-starter who can work under pressure, using their own initiative and with the drive to work to aggressive deadlines and to see tasks through to completion
- Experience working to a project plan and delivering technology solutions on time
- A sound understanding of the project life cycle and different project management methodologies
- Excellent communicator and influencer, able to build relationships with colleagues at all levels from a range of departments, business areas and cultures in order to build concensus
- Desire to challenge existing processes and drive forward change
- Initiative and ability to think laterally
- Competent in MS Office products
- The role will be very hands-on
- Experience of working on Front office projects or for projects in multiple different corporate functions is advantageous
- Previous experience of managing a group of project managers essential