Be a Part of Our Success
Quality Assurance Lead, UK Fixed Income Technology
What is the opportunity?
Join the RBC FX eCommerce IT team during an exciting time of platform evolution as a strategic part of our development team in London. You will be working on the build-out of automated testing for our Java applications to support our trading desk with an Agile methodology. The candidate will work on strategic improvements that will cut manual regression times so as to decrease the length of our release cycles in close co-ordination with the FX trading desk. Strong communication, teamwork skills and a desire to solve problems creatively are essential.
What will you do?
- Enhance the roll-out of behavioural-driven development tools that allow acceptance criteria of user stories to be automatically executed
- Work closely with other Java developers to enable the ‘hooks' to our components so they can be exercised by BDD tests
- Write code which conforms to good software engineering practices including use of SVN/GIT and continuous integration
- Adhere to the Agile principles
- Work closely with QA, system architect and tech stakeholders to understand and gather requirements
- Help build knowledge with QA team members to ensure high levels of test coverage
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 2:1 degree classification or equivalent in mathematics, engineering or computer science
- Experience in agile development teams
- Good experience of continuous integration and test automation
- Experience of TDD, BDD and Pair programing
- Strong understanding of fundamental computer science concepts
- Good grasp of core Java and experience of BDD tools like Cucumber
- Experience of Non-functional testing like performance, security e.t.c.
- Experience on FX domain
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: City of London
Address: Riverbank House
Work Hours/Week: 35
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Position Level: CM - Professional
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 2017-12-06
Req ID: 150297
Flexible Working Options Considered