Quantitative Researcher, Systematic Fixed Income, Intern
- Not Specified
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Intérim, Plein-temps
- 16 janv. 18 2018-01-16
About BlackRock: BlackRock (NYSE: BLK) provides investment management, risk management, operations, and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock seeks to better serve clients by anticipating and responding to changes and advancements in the investment industry and capital
BlackRock (NYSE: BLK) provides investment management, risk management, operations, and advisory services to institutional, intermediary, and individual investors around the world. BlackRock seeks to better serve clients by anticipating and responding to changes and advancements in the investment industry and capital markets, and continually aims to broaden and deepen its investment and risk management capabilities. Our commitment to analytical and investment excellence is anchored in a culture that places clients’ interests first. We exclusively act as a fiduciary to our clients, never trading as a principal or on our own behalf.
Today, BlackRock serves institutional, retail, and high net worth investors in more than 100 countries. Through the efforts of over 12,000 professionals in 30 countries, we leverage our global expertise and scale to serve our clients. BlackRock is the largest publicly traded asset manager in the world, with assets under management (“AUM”) of over $5 trillion as of September 2017. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
For over two decades, BlackRock’s Systematic Fixed Income team has combined advanced financial theory, econometrics and computing techniques to deliver exceptional investment performance to its clients. Today 80 investment professionals in London and San Francisco share a common passion – to combine innovative data sources and techniques to advance our understanding of financial markets. We build quantitative models across the full range of asset classes and continually adapt them to an ever-changing investment landscape. We deliver outstanding performance for our clients, including BlackRock’s largest hedge fund.
We are looking for outstanding individuals to join for paid internships in London of at least four weeks’ duration, in 2018. We are very flexible in terms of the timing, to accommodate candidates’ academic schedules.
You can expect to:
- Work alongside thought leaders in systematic investing
- Learn how we conceptualize and test ideas and develop them into tradable strategies
- Deepen your knowledge of systematic investing across multiple asset classes
- Expand your coding and empirical research skills and conduct in-depth quantitative analysis.
- Develop a valuation model for convertible bonds
- Researching how to optimally implement macro model themes across multiple instrument types
- Making use of intra-day data to develop new trading strategies
Qualities we look for:
- Strong motivation for personal and team success
- Ability to multi-task and collaborate in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem solving using a wide range of technological and analytical methods
- Strong technical background, with advanced training in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or another quantitative/computing discipline, studying towards a Master’s Degree or PhD.
- Experience in coding is essential (Python preferred, Matlab, R).