- CDI, Plein-temps
- Schroders Investment Management
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
Release Train Engineer (RTE)
We are looking for an RTE with a deep understanding of Lean-Agile frameworks and a good grasp of SAFe. You will understand which meaningful metrics to track, how to interpret them, as well as a solid understanding of budgeting.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Schroders is entering a period where the rapid evolution of digital capabilities and technologies will be vital to meet its future aims. Headed by Schroders' Chief Digital Officer, Digital is looking for highly capable and motivated individuals to lead, implement and facilitate change in a high-pace, high energy environment.
Digital is a group closely collaborating teams delivering web, automation, analytics, data science, client service portals, workplace productivity, innovation and experience design working across the organisation to transform Schroders.
The Digital vision is to ensure a stable operating environment that can function at multiple speeds, that focuses on value delivered to our external and internal customers. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
The Digital Release Train Engineer assists with Agile Planning & delivery synchronisation of the Digital ART and is able to work with other stakeholders to ensure strategy and execution alignment.
Following Schroder's transition to SAFe many agile teams have been organised into agile release trains (ARTs) in order to enable scalable governance and dependency management. The Release Train Engineer facilitates Agile Release Trains process and execution. They escalate impediments, manage risk, help assure value delivery and help drive continuous improvement. They are a servant leader at the programme level and encourage collaboration between Agile teams and other groups such as Release Management and Shared Services.
• Assists execution and tracking of delivery within the ART using agile tools such as the ART Kanban
• Facilitates ART level ceremonies such as PI Planning, Scrum of Scrums, Sprint Demos, Inspect and Adapt etc.
• Ensures Capability (Product) Managers and Owners are effectively communicating their vision and requirements
• Facilitates release planning readiness and the Release Planning Meeting
• Co-ordinates and facilitates interactions with all shared services teams, including Release Management
• Ensures collaboration and dependency management within and between ARTs
• Monitors, manages and escalates impediments and risks across the ART
• Coach Lean-Agile practices as required
• Helps drive ART level continuous improvement by identifying issues or opportunities and coaching agile teams
General and Technical Skills:
• Experience of managing large scale programs of change, preferably in the Digital domain
• Knowledge and experience of leading using Agile teams, preferably SAFe
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with board level stakeholders
• Experience of working in a global team and with global stakeholders
• Experience of facilitating workshops and large meetings
• Experience of managing dependencies and resolving disagreements in a constructive manner
• Experience of monitoring and managing risks
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Certified Safe Agilist (SA)
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Inspiring and collaborative leader, model of agile leadership approach
• Comfortable with ambiguity and change
• Receptive to others' ideas and responds constructively to challenge
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement