Researcher, Executive Search
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- LUDGATE Search
- 04 janv. 18 2018-01-04
LUDGATE Search provides executive search services to the Asset Management and Alternatives industry. Supporting and working alongside our experienced Principals, this is a varied role with the opportunity to make it your own. This role will suit a flexible, hardworking and dedicated individual who demonstrates enthusiasm and a natural intellectual curiosity.
About LUDGATE Search
LUDGATE Search provides executive search services to the Asset Management and Alternatives industry, with a focus on capital raising roles both in the UK and on the Continent.
The asset management industry is going through a period of exponential change. LUDGATE Search was set up in response to the way the industry is evolving, and was created very much as a disruptor to the traditional executive search model.
LUDGATE Search is based in London and is one of the newest businesses within The FISER Group. This position offers the variety and opportunities for growth and development from a start-up, with the security of the backing from a larger group structure.
Research is fundamental to what we do. Our clients rely on our ability to bring knowledge of their company and markets as well as real insights into the individuals we identify and put forward. Research is the backbone to each assignment and is central to ensuring that we consistently deliver fresh, creative and forward thinking results that deliver real value to the client and to the final outcome.
The role of the Researcher is to identify high-quality and relevant individuals for our clients by understanding the clients’ business needs. This includes thinking creatively and expansively about where individuals could be found, often across sectors and geographies, identifying and approaching people and assessing their interest and fit for the role. Proactively and continually building up our knowledge base is a key element of this role.
Previous experience in financial services is advantageous but not essential. What is critical is that you are analytical and entrepreneurial by nature, are driven and are a team player. We guarantee that no two days will be the same, so you’ll also need to have great attention to detail and enjoy a challenge.
What we look for:
- Good undergraduate degree or graduate calibre with a commercial focus
- Ability and credibility to build relationships over the telephone and in person
- Excellent research skills and outstanding communication skills both verbally and in writing to ensure a smooth and transparent process
- Rigorous, methodical approach and excellent attention to detail
- High levels of tenacity, creativity and lateral thinking to ensure optimum success with assignments
- Coping well with unforeseen change and being able to flex accordingly with the assignment needs
- Demonstrating a willingness to learn from others and develop skills through hard work and tenacity
- Prioritising the interest of the client and the firm, acting as ambassador
- Actively assist colleagues and willingly sharing the workload - being proactive in taking on work in order to support practice activities
- A high level of intellect and naturally inquisitive nature
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously
- A positive mind-set and belief that this leads to results
- A second language is advantageous, but not essential
- Ability to work in the UK
This role will suit a flexible, hardworking and dedicated individual who demonstrates enthusiasm and a natural intellectual curiosity. We need a bright team player who will thoroughly enjoy a structured role with plenty of scope for creativity. You must be able to prioritise, be proactive, think ahead, anticipate problems and be hungry for results in a high quality, client focused business.
Supporting and working alongside our experienced Principals, this is a varied role with the opportunity to make it your own. Your responsibilities will include:
- To support the Principals by providing quality research
- To continuously expand the knowledge pool of likely future candidates and emerging companies
- Play a key role in enabling the practice to provide a timely, professional and valued service to our clients
- To be fully proficient in the use of all business information resources relevant to the practice
- Supporting Principals with pitch preparation in the form of presentations and business intelligence.
- Produce high-quality, insightful and robust written work, in forms of longlist reports and, if you progress as expected, in due course references and candidate reports that is accurate, thoughtful, timely and exceed clients expectations.
- Provide research support for a portfolio of live mandates and other business development projects and help out other team colleagues where necessary
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients, candidates and colleagues
- Managing expectations with consultants and successfully balancing competing priorities
- Taking part in company-wide projects and advising other practices as required
- Able to work well under pressure and deliver high quality results