- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Macquarie Group
- 21 juin 18
Risk Management Group - Credit Risk, Lending and Principal Investments, Manager
The Credit Risk division within the Risk Management Group, is responsible for analysing and assessing all credit and equity exposures taken by Macquarie, to minimise the risk of loss arising from failure of counterparties to repay loans or honour contracts. Credit Risk is also responsible for undertaking regular reviews of counterparties and positions and establishing appropriate limit frameworks and works with the deal teams to develop risk mitigation strategies.
As a result of continued growth in EMEA, including significant activity in the green energy space, we are seeking a talented individual to join the Transactions Team in London.
About the Role
Partnering with businesses in the region, you will assist in the structuring and execution of debt and equity transactions including principal investments, LBO financing, project and structured finance transactions. Working as part of a high-profile team who deal extensively with senior management, you will analyse complex transactions in a deal oriented environment.
The variety of work offers unmatched learning and development opportunities and provides a unique opportunity to view various business activities across Macquarie.
- Sector or counterparty specific market analysis, forecasting likely impact of changing market conditions on a transaction or counterparty operating environment
- Review of financial models, financial projections and sensitivity analysis
- Due diligence of any documentation, to expose any covenants or clauses that may impact the structure or pricing of a transaction
- Managing a junior analyst in a deal team set-up
- Setting counterparties’ rating and loss given default based on established methodologies
- Presentation of investment recommendations to transaction team leader and senior Credit approver
- Annual review of existing limits and continuous monitoring for any event that could impact the credit profile
- Portfolio analysis and stress testing
- Upholding of the risk culture within the firm
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience gained within project, leverage or structured finance, debt advisory, ratings agency or financial audit in EMEA
- Excellent financial modelling skills and ability to distil and assess high volumes of complex data, sound commercial judgement and understanding of business and risk-related issues
- Confident interpersonal skills, enabling you to build robust, open, dialogue-based relationships with clients and colleagues, as well as delegate, supervise and develop junior colleagues
- Ability to influence (through both written and verbal communication) and confidence when being challenged
- German, French, Spanish or Italian language skills are advantageous, but not essential
- Outstanding qualifications in finance, economics, engineering, or other quantitative disciplines
Macquarie encourages its business units to be innovative and entrepreneurial within defined risk parameters. Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent unit, responsible for assessing, quantifying and mitigating risks across the businesses. Credit is a division within RMG, alongside Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
RMG’s principal responsibility is to take an independent view on all of the risk decisions made by the business and approves Macquarie's principal transactions, new businesses and new products. RMG is a key factor in Macquarie’s success and is viewed as a valued partner in supporting the growth of all of Macquarie's businesses.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer