Securities Finance Enhanced Custody Operations, Officer
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : Competitive
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
Securities Finance Enhanced Custody Operations, OfficerState Street is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading.
The Securities Finance International Enhanced Custody Operations team is responsible for the settlements for our clients. A successful candidate will be responsible for
- Processes high volume of loans, borrows, loan returns, borrow returns and mark to markets daily adhering to established procedures and controls;
- Executes cash movements daily;
- Monitors and resolves pending and failing transactions.
- Interfaces with traders, fund group(s) and counterparts;
- Obtains information from corporate actions and/or sell desk on trade restrictions and relays relevant information to traders and brokers.
- Executes instructions to receive or deliver securities from counterparties.
- Confirms end of day re-pricing and money movements with counterparts.
- Providing technical, market and industry expertise related to Settlement Management to minimize risk
- Developing new processes and procedures for new functions and products as the lending/trading environment changes.
- Identifying and managing the risks associated to settlements.
- Managing Settlements team to ensure swift issue resolution and escalation
- Ensure team is accurately and efficiently carrying out daily tasks
- Work with stakeholders to solve complex issues
- Actively commit to developing yourself and team members
- Complete and deliver performance reviews
- Support the team to collectively identify risk
- Actively participate in team meetings
- Share expertise and apply knowledge to improve processes within the team
- Ensure staff have a clear understanding of the risks inherent in the processes they influence
- Ensure team reports and escalates operation incidents in a timely manner
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff
- Balance supervisory tasks with daily processing activities
A Successful candidate's duties will include
- Managing team for oversight, coaching and development within Settlements space
- Acting as point of escalation for Enhanced Custody Operations management team, Trading, Client Services and other stakeholders in relation to Settlements related issues
- Proactively seeking out opportunities for efficiency gains and risk mitigation
- Analyzing, researching and interpreting Settlement queries from lender and borrower terms and conditions according to established policies and procedures
- Instructing client collateral requirements and coordinating external movements
- Researching and resolving settlement failures and escalating to the appropriate management teams
- Communicating with the trading and settlements groups to enforce policies and procedures to minimize settlement issues.
- Supporting and maintaining relationships with brokerage intermediaries and Enhanced Custody client base.
- Providing Settlements and securities finance expertise to internal and external groups as needed.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent knowledge of global settlement management is a requirement
- Knowledge of SunGard Global One experience preferable, but not required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and unit workflow in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to identify areas of risk and exposure, take necessary steps to protect Enhanced Custody, its clients and the corporation
- Strong relationship management, decision-making, problem solving, leadership, risk management, communication and project management skills
- Customer focus
- Successful candidate should be enthusiastic, keen to learn and be part of a growing team
- Good communication, organization, problem solving, analytical and prioritization skills
- Microsoft proficient