FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Securities Lending - Senior Collateral Manager, VP
My client, an established, global securities services business, is looking for a Senior Control Manager for a team responsible for the delivery of operational support to the Agency Securities Lending programme and Client Directed Lending programmes.
Securities Lending - Senior Controls Manager, VP
My client, an established, global securities services business, is looking for a Senior Control Manager for a team responsible for the delivery of operational support to the Agency Securities Lending programme and Client Directed Lending programmes. The role holder will report directly to the head of Treasury Operations and will lead a team of specialists whose responsibilities include lender and borrower on-boarding, programme parameter maintenance, core system data integrity, pricing of the loan and collateral books and the calculation collection and distribution of lending fee revenue.
This function provides comprehensive global, regional and domestic securities services including fund administration, global custody, corporate trust and loan agency and sub-custody services including: Securities Lending on a Discretionary and Client Directed basis, FX processing, Cash Sweeping and Cash Forecasting
- Lead and manage the Control Team in the delivery of Securities Lending related services, with a specific focus on the on-boarding of new clients & borrowers, the application to lending systems of programme parameters and data, the accurate pricing of loan and collateral securities and the subsequent reconciliation of all key data elements.
- Ensure that the most appropriate organisational structure, systems, procedures and controls are utilised in support of the services provided, to meet challenging business targets and strategic plan objectives whilst maintaining a high quality of client service, mitigating risk and maintaining regulatory compliant status.
- Lead staff performance and drive the teams' development, to include effective career plans, training schedules, structured objectives and motivating feedback through performance management.
- Re-engineer the operating model of the Control function through a period of significant growth in the services provided and the scope and volume of business supported, introducing automation and enhanced controls.
- Set the strategic direction for the Control team and develop and implement that strategy.
- Streamline the processing functions by identifying automation and transformation opportunities and collaborating with the relevant change manager in their delivery.
- Ensure the prompt and efficient calculation, negotiation, receipt and distribution to clients of securities lending related revenue.
- Co-ordinate the of response to and resolution of live systems issues as they impact the securities lending business.
- Deliver the highest levels of service to clients, building long term trusted relationships demonstrating effective partnership with all stakeholders, including those within Treasury Operations, Securities Lending and Business Change and IT.
- Design and implement an effective business strategy for Control Team within the Treasury function
- Support the Head of Treasury Operations in executing a robust governance framework. Implement procedures, practices and standards to ensure service quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, and the impact of providing new services to clients.
- Ensure no high-risk audit identified breaches from external reviews, with controls and management effectiveness rated at a minimum as 'effective'. All reviews to be completed on time with no adverse findings related to the teams' actions, understanding or approach.
- Ensure that all Treasury Operations project deliveries and processes changes are completed under the appropriate governance model including evidence of consideration given to operational risk, and regulatory (including CASS) impact.
- Ensure that all processes are fully documented by the business with supporting procedures and detailed workflows, with impacted personnel fully trained before any technology or process change
Knowledge & Experience:
- A minimum of 6 years industry experience, 2 of which should be at management level in an Operations function supporting Securities Lending or Collateral products.
- An excellent working knowledge of Securities Lending, to include client and borrower onboarding, static and reference data maintenance, fee billing, and stock, cash and static data reconciliation.
- Strong leadership capabilities including a proven record of inspiring teams and individuals inside and outside area of defined responsibility.
- Working knowledge of CASS rules and their application to business models and processes particularly in a Custody business or Securities Lending environment.
- Experience of defining and implementing business strategy and translating to BAU process and planning.
- Operational risk expertise with ability to identify risks and build mitigating controls across front to back processes.
- Preferred systems experience to include Global1, vendor pricing tools with strong Microsoft office skills and an understanding of the operational set up required for Equilend NGT and Tri Party Collateral services.
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Charles Levick