Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst A leading Asset Management firm are looking for a Senior Business Analyst. With a scope to contribute to the global IT environment, the role-holder will work with all internal teams to enable them to utilise technology systems in an efficient manner with a focus on data.
Senior Business Analyst
A leading Asset Management firm are looking for a Senior Business Analyst. With a scope to contribute to the global IT environment, the role-holder will work with all internal teams to enable them to utilise technology systems in an efficient manner with a focus on data.
To provide business analysis and project delivery that allows the company to obtain maximum benefit from its investment in information systems. This covers not only back end systems, such as data warehouses and other repositories for business information, but leverages our expenditure on systems such as Oracle CRMoD, Factset and Bloomberg, and identify ways to utilise the tools on our desktop more effectively.
Communicate and assess requirements or needs from all business units, and investigate, map and deliver new data workflows and solutions. This may include the following:
- Design processes that support external client and regulatory reporting, with the aim to make these as 'straight through' as possible.
- Supporting the operations team in both London and Dublin to provide solutions to manage the UCITS fund business.
- Working collaboratively with NYC marketing data team on globally focused projects.
- Provide technical advice and potential solutions to Legal and Compliance for Regulatory requirements.
- Assist the Risk department with data delivery and analysis.
- Working with Client facing teams to provide solutions that support both industry and client led requirements.
- Optimise and extend Portfolio Managers and Analysts' models in Excel with third party data and/or add-ins (requires strong Excel VBA skills).
- Design and deliver Database architectures to support solutions coding T-SQL
- Develop procedures to facilitate data flows to solutions.
- Assist in vendor selection process - extend and enhance functionality of third party software tools such as Factset, Bloomberg, Fishtank and Statpro Revolution.
To work with the business to understand its requirements and provide advice and guidance regarding potential solutions. Considerations include whether internally developed tools or externally supplied systems deliver the most effective cost efficient outcome.
The role requires the ability to synthesise complex financial trading information and produce clear specifications which are understandable to non-technical staff. There are a large number of systems which need to be understood in order to properly deliver solutions. Effective use of project lifecycle management tools and techniques will also be essential.
Essential Skills, Qualifications
- Understanding of Front, Middle and Back office functions for Asset Management. Preferably a minimum of 5 years' experience in the industry.
- Understanding of Business Analysis requirement gathering and/or Project Lifecycle
- Practical experience of integrating multiple data sources.
- Strong analytical skills and practical business analysis experience to understand and improve business workflows.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate and manage expectation under pressure, including to non-technical staff
- Strong relationship management skills with the credibility to partner effectively with the business and functions at all levels
- Excellent documentation skills, including manual and procedure writing
- 5+ years of hands-on experience of Factset and/or Bloomberg terminals and other Risk/Portfolio Management tools
- Detailed and practical understanding of Database structure and SQL and T-SQL query language, and Oracle, Sybase and MS SQL servers, including DB design and stored procedures