Senior Controls Manager, Treasury Operations
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- HSBC Bank plc
- 19 juil. 18 2018-07-19
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Securities Services team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
- HSBC Securities Services (HSS) provides comprehensive global, regional and domestic securities services including fund administration, global custody, corporate trust and loan agency and sub-custody services.
- HSS Treasury Operations is a dynamic department that works with partners across the HSS business to deliver Securities Lending and Treasury Product services to clients. These services include Securities Lending on a Discretionary and Client Directed basis, FX processing, Cash Sweeping and Cash Forecasting.
- Reporting to the Head of Treasury Operations, this position is the senior manager of a well-established operations team who are responsible for the delivery of operational support to the HSS Agency Securities Lending programme and Client Directed Lending programmes. The role holder will lead a team of analysts whose responsibilities include lender and borrower on-boarding, programme parameter maintenance, core system data integrity, pricing of the loan and collateral books and the calculation collection and distribution of lending fee revenue.
- The role holder will ensure the HSBC values are present in everything they do, both individually and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours of:
- Dependable and do the right thing
- Open to different ideas and cultures
- Connected to customers, communities, regulators and each other
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- A minimum of 6 years industry experience, 2 of which should be at management level in an Operations function supporting Securities Lending or Collateral products.
- An excellent working knowledge of Securities Lending, to include client and borrower onboarding, static and reference data maintenance, fee billing, and stock, cash and static data reconciliation.
- Strong leadership capabilities including a proven record of inspiring teams and individuals inside and outside area of defined responsibility.
- Working knowledge of CASS rules and their application to business models and processes particularly in a Custody business or Securities Lending environment.
- Experience of defining and implementing business strategy and translating to BAU process and planning.
- Ability to execute at pace to tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities and coordinating the efforts of others, coupled with sound analytical capability and the ability to make effective timely decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, combined with the ability to present to and influence across a diverse set of stakeholders, including senior management.
- Operational risk expertise with ability to identify risks and build mitigating controls across front to back processes.
- The highest levels of personal integrity, resilience, drive and ambition.
- Preferred systems experience to include Global1, vendor pricing tools with strong Microsoft office skills and an understanding of the operational set up required for Equilend NGT and Tri Party Collateral services.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
Under the Company's internal 'Back to Front'/'Front to Back' transfer policy this role may be classed as High Risk. As a result, internal candidates may require enhanced approvals and vetting checks if they are currently employed in a Front Office department, or if they have worked in a Front Office department within the last 5 years (please refer to the HR FIM definition for further guidance). The enhanced approvals and vetting would need to be completed before the candidate will be confirmed in the role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.
For more information about the relevant additional checks for this role please contact the hiring manager.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.