Senior Credit Analyst
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BP Plc.
- 22 janv. 18 2018-01-22
BP are looking for a Senior Credit Analyst for our trading division (Integrated Supply & Trading - IST) based in our Canary Wharf offices in London. In this role you will hold authority to set credit limits and terms for trading counterparties, working proactively to facilitate commercial growth. You will also maintain a keen awareness of associated risks, rewards and of IST’s credit risk appetite.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Establishing credit limits and terms for IST’s trading counterparties reflecting the risk appetite
• Leading the credit structuring of large, long-term or complex transactions
• Negotiating key contractual terms relating to credit working with Legal, Contracts and counterparties
• Collaborating with broader credit teams to facilitate effective and timely coverage of the counterparty portfolio and supporting its ability to source third-party credit protections or working capital
• Fostering appropriate cross-functional awareness of key credit exposures, concerns and protections to ensure a sound and transparent decision-making process around material credit decisions.
• Leading recovery efforts for IST’s credit exposure for distressed counterparties, working closely with the counterparty, its lenders and its other trade creditors, along with Front Office and Legal.
• Championing pro-active risk management and controls of portfolio exposures
In this role you will primarily support London’s oil and refined product physical trading and global derivative activities. To succeed you will have a deep understand the key drivers of credit exposure within a trading relationship, the key vulnerabilities of each counterparty’s liquidity and capital structure. With a keen eye for detail you will use contractual terms, letters of credit, guarantees, lien structures, credit market instruments and similar protections to achieve value-adding transaction outcomes.
To apply you will be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in financial/numerical subject with a strong knowledge of commodity trading activities preferably spanning oil, refining and derivative products. With deep credit analysis experience, you will have an intimate understanding of complex trading exposures, transaction structures and credit risk. You should also have a proven record of working under pressure and delivering to tight deadlines and in addition, be able to interpret and communicate results and analysis to a variety of stakeholders. Highly professional and self-motivated, you’ll need to be an excellent communicator with the ability to network with BP staff and management across the business. It’s an exciting prospect and a great opportunity for anyone looking to develop their career within a complex, global business.
To find out more or to apply, visit jobs.bp.com
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of nearly 100,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 100 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP's supply and trading activities are managed by our Integrated Supply and Trading (IST) function. IST's role in the Group is to enhance performance and maximize value for BP's assets through the disciplined application of supply and trading insights and techniques. IST actively manages the links between assets and across supply chains, contributing to distinctiveness and competitive advantage for BP.
Our expertise and reputation is built around our people, systems and information flows. We operate across all BP's businesses, touching 95% of the Group's turnover, providing the commercial face of BP to the traded commodity and financial markets.
The IST Oil Europe (GOE) business is responsible for the commercial refining and trading of crude oil and products around the European and African refinery asset base. Specifically, this includes optimal crude sourcing, product sales and risk management for the assets in order to maximise commercial performance.