This global role sits within the BrokerTec business that operates in London, Amsterdam and New York but the position will be based in London. The individual must be comfortable with semi frequent travelling to other locations - including the New York office.
This position sits at the heart of the Global BrokerTec Repo Team, spanning the Global Dealer-to-Customer business and the European Interbank (D2D) market. The individual needs to be able to bring to the table excellent commercial and customer engagements skills, combined with being highly motivated and able to drive forward any task to completion. The role requires a highly practical individual, who is not above any duty, and wants to be part of a results driven, high growth business line.
The individual must be highly focused and willing to own and lead multiple key work streams for the business area (e.g., the customer growth pipeline, the customer adoption framework) and understand how to work as a part of team whilst leading by example and coordinating across the busines support teams.
The role, reporting to the Executive Director of BrokerTec Products, will require a significant amount of autonomy, initiative and creativity. Moreover, this role requires an individual who enjoys working in a close-knit team and daily interaction with market participants.
The individual sought must be looking for a highly diverse role who is willing and able to take on any task required of them in order to help grow and support the business. For the right individual this role will be highly rewarding and offer the opportunity for significant professional growth. Although not all skills might be immediately met, BrokerTec seeks an individual whose attitude demonstrates the ability to take on any challenge or task that is presented.
The role sits in the Global Repo team and so a background with strong knowledge of the product and its customer base is highly preferred and beneficial. Ideal candidates will experience from front office in an investment bank, or other repo execution venue. Skills & Software Requirements
- Excellent understanding of Repo (across D2C & D2D) and any associated relevant products gained via front office exposure within investment banking or electronic trading firm or equivalent relevant experience in product development. Key markets included, but not limited to: Repo, EGBs, TRS, Corporate bonds (Repo highly preferred)
- Strong links and relationships with repo market via buyside/sellside relationships highly preferred
- Ability to work with cross functional business functions and internal and external stakeholders to gather, document, and develop business requirements
- Assess current systems and process flows to derive and document new target state workflows
- Significant exposure to sales and ability to market and communicate with clients and various institutions within a day-to-day market environment and via more formal presentations
- Ability to design, plan, validate and deliver complex business solutions from conception to launch.
- Experience of working with and delivering trading platform products, functional enhancements, new product solutions
- Significant experience with Bloomberg and running/using trading systems
- Ability to identify and refine commercial opportunities into business cases, from start to end
- Understand and anticipate changing business needs as a result of changing environments including regulatory landscapes
- Strong understanding of technology and highly interested in how technology can further financial markets
- Strong and confident communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Problem solver with can do attitude
- Good relationship building skills with ability to interact with different people at all levels across the business internally and externally
- Good team player and desire to be part of a small close-knit team
- Highly analytical with excellent attention to detail, highly organised with a proactive approach
- Honest and trustworthy, with an open communication style
- Take ownership of an issue through to resolution
- Ability to develop new skills and understand new technology and products as required
- Working Hours: Although core hours will be 7.30am-5.30pm, working hours will be varied. There is a requirement to start 6.30am on a rotational basis, as the team covers the market trading hours.
- Occasional US hours will be required in addition to some Saturday working (to support new releases)
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.