Senior Research Analyst
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit
- 18 sept. 18 2018-09-18
Senior Research Analyst
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world's leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
- Create/update graphs/charts for monthly reports, annual studies and presentations
- Proof-read and edit written text sections for market reports
- Write text for monthly report on specific chemical trade for all key regions based on market statistics. Write raw materials/energy/economy sections for key regions in main monthly report. Provide commentary on new industry statistics when available and analyse financial reports from industry players to improve our insight into key sectors.
- Validate capacity changes and keep capacity database up-to-date for key chemical products and key end-use applications.
- Field client requests in a timely manner.
- Annual Analysis Responsibilities
- Support chemical trade analysis for annual study.
- Assist in completing supply/demand write ups for regional sections.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the basic IHS databases and tools for responsible products, (Supply/Demand, Global Pricing System, Capacity Database and Trade Grids).
- Econometrics - Update product specific models on a monthly basis with latest raw material costs etc
- Maintain product capacities based on market intelligence.
- Market IHS products and services.
- To assist in developing marketing initiatives. To develop contacts in potential client companies and follow up and explain our products and services to these new contacts.
- Presentation Support
- Create PowerPoint presentations for client visits/conferences.
To be involved in organizing annual events. To assist with marketing and planning steps. To liaise with speakers/potential speakers to encourage them to participate and then ensure that we get their presentation material on time for the event. To assist with registration when needed.
- To be considered for this exciting role, candidates will come from the Chemicals industry:
- Educated to degree level in chemistry, chemical engineering or business/economics.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work across a matrix organization at multi levels to efficiently and effectively utilize the resources and knowledge base available in a team approach.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ideally at least 1 year of experience
- Self-starter, able to work independently without constant supervision
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.