Technology, Finance Engineering, Market Risk Regulatory Stress Development Engineer, Vice President, London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs International
- 14 déc. 17 2017-12-14
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB TECHNOLOGY
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
In Finance & Risk Engineering, you'll find an exciting confluence of computer science, finance and mathematics being used to solve for what our shareholders would like from us - a high return for the right risk taken.
Manages global market risk by calculating Value-at-Risk (VaR) and Stress Tests. Those measures are used to present an accurate picture of the firmwide risk exposure, thereby informing the firm's management and trading desks on how the day-to-day movements of the market will impact its balance sheet, and how to protect capital. VaR metrics are sent to the Fed and other global regulators on a regular basis.
A role in Finance Engineering in our Market Risk Technology team, offers an exciting opportunity in the confluence of computer science, finance, and mathematics to solve some of the most complicated and important problems in the firm. Make a significant technological impact by building efficient systems to manage Market Risk exposures, help optimize allocation of regulatory capital and discover new financial efficiencies through implementing smart, adaptive algorithms to optimize computational utilization solving for "Knapsack Problem" type combinatorial efficiencies. Embrace emerging Machine Learning based techniques to analyze billions of date points daily in multi-dimensional aggregation and analytics.
We are looking for a VP level candidate to develop our next-generation market risk management applications, platforms, tools and analytics that support our Risk Division. Our technology team is inseparable from our clients in the Risk Division, with whom we partner and work with directly to develop the modelling and implementation of financial instrument pricing and hypothetical scenario calculations for both internal risk management and regulatory driven risk functions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Use engineering and/or scientific background to identify and measure risk and to implement technical risk management solutions in software
- Partner with our risk managers at every step of requirements gathering for new stress tests of regulatory commitments
- Understand business needs and hone your ability to translate them into a technical design and implementation
- Mentor junior development engineers while developing new skills of your own
- Influence architectural discussions and drive continuous improvement of the data platform
- Apply analytics to drive commercial outcomes and communicate with precision and clarity
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related discipline
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in highly dynamic and rapid development environment
- Interest in financial markets and risk
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a software engineering role, team leadership experience preferable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.