Technology, Platform, SDLC Platform Engineer, Vice President, London
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs International
- 15 déc. 17 2017-12-15
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB TECHNOLOGY
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The SDLC Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining the development tools, controls and processes used by over 8,000 engineers at Goldman Sachs. We need to balance uplift and ongoing improvement of the production environment and existing internal tooling, as well as bringing in Industry standard solutions such as Git and BitBucket. Given the complexity and breadth of the projects we have in progress, we need strong technical project managers to work closely with our engineers to steer workstreams, identify and resolve blockers, and collaborate across the Platform and wider Engineering organization where needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Build and maintain project roadmap, across one or more projects (depending on scope and experience)
- Maintain and report on status, identify and raise risks to DeCoCo leadership
- Understand the problem space, build relationships with teams across the organization to identify the priorities and most effective path
- Work closely with Engineering team to make sure that progress is as expected, understand and help resolve or escalate blockers, keep a focus on priorities
- Engage with the Engineering organization to move forward adoption or decommission programs
- Where needed, carry out analysis of underlying data or metrics to track progress
- Bachelors Degree Qualification
- Good practical experience of working with different project management methodologies (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall), ability to flex PM style based on the project requirement
- Previous hands on technical experience in a development team is preferred, or at least a deep understanding of SDLC and the development toolchains
- Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions and see through a complex problem set
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written
- Team player, able to build effective relationships and encourage a collaborative working environment
- Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
- Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes
- Organized and methodical
- Prior operational experience with SDLC stacks
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.