Trading Derivatives Lawyer, Vice President
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 22 nov. 17 2017-11-22
Job Purpose/Background: BlackRock is seeking an experienced lawyer to be part of the in-house legal team covering trading and derivatives issues for BlackRock funds and accounts in EMEA. It is a broad and challenging role covering OTC derivatives (cleared and non-cleared), exchange traded
BlackRock is seeking an experienced lawyer to be part of the in-house legal team covering trading and derivatives issues for BlackRock funds and accounts in EMEA. It is a broad and challenging role covering OTC derivatives (cleared and non-cleared), exchange traded derivatives, securities lending (fixed income as well as equities), repo and prime brokerage. The candidate will also need to closely follow applicable regulatory developments affecting investment and trading in the region and will play an important role in the ongoing implementation of relevant new rules and regulations (eg SFTR, EMIR, MiFID II, Margin for non-cleared OTC derivatives).
In addition to working closely with the derivatives and trading legal team in London, New York and San Francisco, you will also work closely with the wider legal and compliance team.
Candidates should be able to work effectively within a team environment, but also be self-directed and able to work autonomously. Once familiar with BlackRock documentation, policy and procedures, the candidate should expect to work with minimum levels of supervision/review of work produced.
- Partner with BlackRock’s businesses to provide legal support for trading;
- Identify, address and manage legal and reputational risk issues associated with trading and investments;
- Review and negotiate technically and legally complex instruments and related documentation;
- Assist with developing BlackRock standard-form trading documentation;
- Interpret and analyze new laws / regulation / policy changes and their impact on the business; and Coordinate with Compliance and Litigation as necessary in connection with regulatory matters and/or litigation affecting trading and investments.
- Solicitor / lawyer qualified in England and Wales
- Experience with trading documentation, particularly ISDA/CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, futures and/or prime brokerage documentation
- Experience in-house at a sell-side or buy-side financial institution or in private practice
- Strong understanding of current regulatory framework affecting trading and investments
- Strong academic record
- Persuasive and influential on a high-performing client base in the provision of legal advice;
- Ability to actively manage client expectations;
- Commercial outlook, motivated, personable and with attention to detail;
- Ability to clarify tasks and requirements, organise time and manage workload to ensure deadlines are met;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation in verbal and written form;
- Seeks to understand the business, products and processes;
- Develops solutions to problems, checking where appropriate with senior lawyers;
- Takes ownership of problems/requirements and ensures they are resolved to meet objectives; and
- Rejects shortcuts that could compromise quality of service and follows internal policies and procedures.