In this brand-new role, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that currently oversees £200m of VC investments and are working to actively grow that portfolio. You'll play a key part by supporting the Venture Capital team in originating, evaluating, and overseeing venture capital fund investments in the UK and Europe. This is a role where you can make a real difference in the growth of our business. You'll engage with a high volume of external venture capital managers, take end-to-end ownership of investment projects and decision making, and deepen your subject matter expertise in the innovation economy.
What you'll be doing
- Fund evaluation, peer group analysis, and market analysis.
- Supporting investment paper preparation
- Coordination of due diligence, including management of advisors
- Engagement with internal teams including Legal, Tax, Finance and Risk
- Relationship building within broader Venture Capital ecosystem
- Attending monitoring meetings and AGMs
- Assisting with quarterly investment reporting
- Analysis of investment performance
- Conduct industry research and attend presentations, feeding back key findings to the wider team
- Undertake research into competitors and potential partners
- Production and presentation of research findings
- Implement new technologies to enable team to derive better insights from Venture Capital data
- Support process improvement across the Venture Capital business
What we're looking for
- Experience in private market fund evaluation and manager selection (or keenness to move into)
- Demonstrable interest in Venture Capital as an asset class. You will be expected to immerse yourself in the European VC ecosystem from day one.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. This role requires significant interaction with internal stakeholders and external parties (VC managers), so the soft skills of communication are important.
- You will be highly analytical and comfortable with investment concepts. Whilst a passion for data analytics is not essential, it would be beneficial for the role.
- Project Management skills are highly desirable.
When you commit to Legal & General, we’ll commit to you too. That means we’ll recognise and reward your hard work, your performance and your contribution.
If you join us, you’ll get access to some great benefits, including private medical insurance, at least 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, life assurance, and Income Protection. You can participate in our electric car scheme, which offers employees the option to hire a brand new electric car through tax efficient salary sacrifice. We’re also proud to offer competitive family leave.
You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our annual, performance-related bonus plan and valuable share schemes. And then there are the many discounts we offer that you can take advantage of – both for our own products and at a range of high street stores and online offerings.