Vice President- IT and Communications
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni Londres Angleterre GB
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Maxis Investments Ltd
- 09 mai 18 2018-05-09
An investment brokerage firm based in the Central London is currently looking for experienced Vice President- IT and Communications to join their IT department. Hands on IT Manager responsible for Implementation, Support, Upgrades and Security of all systems within Infrastructure and Application remit. Identify & improve IT Systems as per current IT and regulatory standards, business objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input/ output requirements, data scope and successfully deliver services to support the business systems and networks installed full compliance with the IT, security, operations and BCP policies.
- Install, Monitor, Upgrade, Manage all the VMware 6 Virtual and Physical Servers, Desktops, Switches, Storages, Alcatel Telephone Systems, Firewall, Security Systems, Mobiles, MDM, Fax, printers and other devices/ hardware on the network to ensure continuous uptime.
- Install Manage, Support, Secure all the Window / Linux Servers, Active Directory, Mail Systems, Database Servers, Application Systems, etc. as required.
- Ensure Systems are configured and optimized as per current IT standards, Policies for data and systems security of the firm’s network.
- Provide BAU support to business users on any IT Systems related issues.
- Responsible for managing & supporting Daily Backups & Replications and ensure Backup’s DR readiness and to conduct rehearsals.
- Responsible for end to end Disaster Recovery and Business continuity process, including vendor management, contract, etc.
- Update DR plan. Responsible at DR site for bringing up Servers, Desktops & other system / applications, run EOD, etc
- Running End of Day Batch Process Daily (EOD).
- Determine, develop, and maintain user manuals and Ability to write & support existing TSQL Queries, Excel VBA macros, PowerShell scripts as required.
- Ability to write policies and procedures, Project Proposal,
- Collaborate with architects, analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new hardware, software programs and applications.
- Negotiate IT contracts and establish vendor schedule to ensure proper coverage and support for systems.
- Train Back-up on IT related tasks.
- Produce test scripts for each and every department in the firm for Trading System Projects. Produce U.A.T. plan, U.A.T. issue documentation, and U.A.T. acceptance documents.
- Ensure no high and medium risk audit points from internal / external auditors, reviews for IT department.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Develop yearly budget for I.T. and project plan.
Learning, Knowledge & Other:
- Possess a high technical knowledge to provide convenient enterprise network systems delivery, and understand the network and systems architecture to resolve any business disruption or inconvenience to the users that may critically impact the business.
- Identify areas for professional development of self and act to enhance professional development
- Ensures high standards of confidentiality and ethics to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- All other ad hoc duties and/or activities related to Maxis that management may request of the employee from time to time
- Take an active role in cross-departmental projects when needed.
- University Degree
- Microsoft and VMware Qualification
- Scripting knowledge, Excel VBA, TSQL and PowerShell.
- Have supported Misys Fusion Capital OPICS.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in the field of IT.
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Hardware - HP ProLiant Servers, HP Business Desktops, Laptops, iPads, iPhones.
- Network Switches – HP & Netgear switches –Install, Configure, LAN, VLAN, Trunking, Qos, etc.
- Storage – NetApp 2552 – Clustered ONTAP & QNAP NAS devices.
- Windows Servers – Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, Active Directory, DNS/ DHCP Group Policy, SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2014, Exchange 2013, Terminal Services, etc.
- Email Archiving – Veritas Enterprise Vault
- CRM – ACT Premium for Web