eFX Systems Senior Consultant, VP
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : Competitive
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
eFX Systems Senior Consultant, VPThe Lead Developer position will be an integral part of the eTrading Development Team and will be responsible for developing, re-engineering and supporting one or more applications used by FX electronic trading, Sales trading, Risk management and Agency trading.
As a Lead Developer you are expected to be hands on and become a business subject matter
expert. You will work directly with users and analysts to understand the business; develop to specifications; assist in coordinated testing and aid in the deployment and post deployment support of the solution developed. As you develop a strong, interactive working relationship you will be an important participant in the commercial success of the business.
Skills and experience
- Proven Java programming experience, preferably working on low latency, high throughput, globally distributed systems
- Experience working within a financial institution, preferably within Front Office IT, with exposure to the business.
- Strong analytical skills.
- The ability to face off directly to the business to receive and analyze requirements, and propose a suitable solution that adheres to the team's methodology
- A history of delivering successfully within an Agile environment, and the flexibility and adaptability to operate successfully in such an environment
- Communication skills. The ability to communicate at the right level with all parties involved, including senior management and business owners (who may be based in different locations and time-zones. The ability to operate in a self-sufficient manner, but also identify the right time to raise queries or concerns.
Experience in any of the following is highly desirable:
- Market adaptors (EBS, MAPI, Currenex, Hotspot etc)
- Messaging frameworks (JMS, MQ, Tibco, 29West etc)
- Linux / Bash scripting
- FIX protocol
- Relational databases (Oracle, Sybase)
- Development and build tools (GIT / Subversion / TeamCity / Nexus / Maven etc)
Individual contributor competencies
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations