FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Management Information Consultant
A leading Bank require an experienced Management Information Consultant to join their Regional team in Manchester working on a global reporting programme. This individual is expected to lead out a regional team in both Manchester and London. Responsible for managing the customer reporting and MI agenda including performance reporting, management information and analytical requirements through the on-time production and application of effective, insightful MI.
A leading Bank require an experienced Management Information Consultant to join their Regional team in Manchester working on a global reporting programme. This individual is expected to lead out a regional team in both Manchester and London.
The role holder will be responsible for managing the customer reporting and MI agenda including performance reporting, management information and analytical requirements through the on-time production and application of effective, insightful, accurate and user-friendly MI.
- The role holder will lead, manage and deliver all customer reporting to our customers Service Management Framework and CRM reporting agenda
- Manage and ensure compliance with all governance requirements including internal and regulatory requirements
- Manage the delivery of all requirements for monthly Service Reviews with our customers involving monthly reporting, insightful customer reporting and associated documentation
- Working closely with CRM leads including Service Owners / Managers to ensure the agenda and performance is appropriately represented
- Own, design and deliver the client reporting activity calendar for our customers - this will include full accountability for the process, ensuring all documents and papers are completed for stakeholder meetings, tracking outputs, closing out actions and management of all stakeholders
- Ownership and management of customer MI SharePoint portal ensuing all documents, papers and schedules are uploaded and managed in line with the Bank's protocols and policies relating to IRM and data
- Preparation and delivery of ad-hoc MI & analytics as required
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Ability to provide stakeholders with both high level and detailed MI and insight whilst deriving actionable conclusions from complex datasets.
- Excellent communicator including written and oral communication skills with an ability to discuss complex technical scenarios with colleagues who do not have a technical background and highly skilled at leading and preparing value-adding guidance and recommendations to stakeholders
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills with an ability to prioritise the critical elements of complex problems and implement efficient solutions that produce the biggest value for the effort.
- Action-orientated with a focus on continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility, the ideal candidate will be a self-starter, innovative with the ability to deliver quality results with a challenging but positive and influential style
- Bachelor's degree from a reputable University (2:1 minimum) majoring in an analytical subject (note: candidates with significant, relevant work / in-role experience without a degree may qualify).
- Experience of working with cross geography teams where virtual working is a necessity.
- Manchester, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Charles Levick