Director, Counter Fraud & Intelligence
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Lieu de travail : Tadworth, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
- Company: Fidelity International
The role has overall responsibility for Fidelity's Counter Fraud & Investigations programmes. The post holder will manage a small, global team that are responsible for undertaking all internal investigations and Counter Fraud initiatives, working closely with the Global Head of Financial Crime Compliance; Human Resources; Legal; Client Services; Operations; Information Security & Technology Risk and other business teams.
The Compliance function guides the business units through internal and external change, and assists management in ensuring compliance with applicable local laws, regulations, business standards, rules of conduct and established industry practices. As a 'trusted advisor', and proactive and challenging partner to the business, the Compliance function aims to support Fidelity International in executing its strategy through the provision of practical advice and a risk-based programme of assurance and oversight activities. The Compliance function looks to maintain strong relationships with all of Fidelity International's business units whilst at the same time remaining independent in its actions. The Compliance function operates on a global basis and is led by the Global Chief Compliance Officer.
Leadership / Management
- Providing Leadership and effective people management to develop and grow the global Internal Investigations functions and the Counter Fraud team.
- Develop effective and collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders, particularly with other Financial Crime Compliance leads (ABC, AML, CTF, Market Abuse, Trade Surveillance), to promote the work of the team and seek out opportunities to improve efficiencies in our processes and technology systems.
- Manage all internal and external investigations to ensure they are handled appropriately and effectively, and embedding the Internal Investigations Playbook.
- Compile comprehensive reports and presentations when required for delivery to Board, Risk Committees etc.
- Ensure that accurate records, investigation statements, notes and investigative reports are maintained, tracked and documented and that management are properly informed of all investigative developments.
- Respond to suspected and actual Frauds, following the Fraud Response Framework.
- Develop proactive tools and techniques to prevent Fraud.
- Provide subject matter expertise on Fraud risk, creating and maintaining a high level of Fraud awareness throughout the teams.
- Provide practical viable recommendations to senior management and internal clients on improvements to prevention and detection of Fraud, issues, challenges and strategy.
- Participate in relevant internal and external forums to understand online and other security initiatives and bring best practise initiatives to FIL.
- Facilitate and promote the development, management and oversight (including regular review) of the Assurance & Oversight target operating mode and a financial crime framework and governance structure for all Asia Pacific regulated entities
- Oversee the design and delivery of relevant training and communications
- Working closely with the Risk Management function, leading the development and maintenance of financial crime risk appetite statements
- Provide leadership and direction on all Financial Crime Compliance change initiatives, including co-ordinating and fostering teamwork and ensuring that sufficient resources are in place to manage change
- Ensuring the function has appropriate policies, procedures and resources to deliver high quality FCC activities
- Oversee the production of relevant Management Information in relation to the FCC team's activities
Internal & External Relationships
- Be a point of contact for senior business management, directing and answering Counter Fraud & Investigations related queries of strategic importance
- Develop positive and professional working relationships across Compliance, Risk and Internal Audit functions, and with senior managers throughout Fidelity International
- Maintain regular contact with industry experts to ensure Fidelity International sustains best practice with regards to the delivery of Counter Fraud & Investigation activities
- Participate in and work with relevant industry bodies and groups in relation to monitoring and assurance initiatives, trends and proposals for Counter Fraud & Investigations
- Retain, motivate and develop talent within the team to enable them to deliver on their responsibilities and create an environment in which people can do their best work
- Develop successors for all key roles and ensure career plans are in place for team members
- Define the role and objectives of direct reports
- Undertake performance management reviews for direct reports
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Extensive work experience in financial services, investigations and/or Fraud experience
- Fluent, excellent English (both verbal and written), with experience in reports and business writing
- Deep understanding of a variety of best practices and procedures in the investigative field. A wide degree of creativity and flexibility is also expected.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills. This role must be able to work with, and present to, senior management in the organisation.
- Ability to plan, organise, co-ordinate and work well under pressure.
- This role requires liaison with senior people both within the organisation and externally.
- The candidate will be required to be professional, confident and demonstrate sound judgement on how and when to escalate matters to senior management
- Strong eye for detail with the ability to produce accurate, well-structured reports according to deadlines.