Senior Finance Manager (FHL)
- Salaire : Negotiable
- Lieu de travail : Tadworth, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
- Company: Fidelity International
Purpose of your role The role is the key report for the FHL financial controller, responsible for Fidelity's UK asset management operation including financial, board and regulatory reporting.
UK & Ireland Finance is responsible for the financial accounting for Fidelity's UK and Irish operational entities as well as providing financial information, monitoring financial controls and ensuring compliance with the financial regulations of the local regulators, the Financial Conduct Authority ("FCA"), Prudential Regulation Authority ("PRA") and Central Bank of Ireland ("CBI").
The team consists of 23 staff, the majority of which are qualified accountants based in the UK, India and Ireland. The team are responsible for the financial control and regulatory reporting for the UK and Ireland locations.
Purpose of your role
The role is the key report for the FHL financial controller, responsible for Fidelity's UK asset management operation including financial, board and regulatory reporting. Key responsibilities and relationships are summarised below. The role is responsible for a number of entities that are highly visible to senior management, the Board and Audit Committee and the regulated status means that strong effective controls must be maintained. The role also involves working with the tax, risk and compliance teams to support the governance framework for the FHL Group.
Full understanding of the risks and controls of the UK FHL entities (across all departments which impact the entity) and who owns and executes those risks and controls
- Oversee the annual audit and preparation of the financial statements for all entities within your area of responsibility
- Ensure compliance with US and Local GAAP reporting
- Review of the UK FHL Group consolidated financial statements and regulatory reporting
- Review of the UK FHL Group consolidated finance and liquidity cash flow reports for the Board.
- Ensure compliance with, and consistent application of, regulatory requirements across the UK regulated entities
- Responsibility for the review of the quarterly and annual FCA regulatory returns
- Responsibility for ongoing capital planning for the Group, including forecasting and where appropriate stress testing
- Preparing financial updates to the UK ICAAP and Pillar 3 document as required
- Review monthly results reporting by each entity and on a consolidated basis for all FHL entities
- Review and coordination with company secretarial of the quarterly finance board papers for each regulated company
- Planning for and implementing changes in regulatory requirements and accounting standards/company law and providing appropriate updates and training to the team
- Build awareness of the operational risks within each UK entity and ensure they are correctly reported and escalated
- Preparation of any ad hoc reporting required
- Management of project work
- Ensure that FHL liquidity, capital and financial risks are addressed working closely with risk and treasury.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Must be qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with relevant post-qualification experience and a commercial outlook
- Strong financial reporting knowledge and awareness of current accounting and regulatory issues
- Experience of FCA regulated environment
- Consolidated group reporting preferably for FCA regulated entities
- Ability to balance monitoring detail and also see bigger picture with regard to financial transactions
- Resilience and an ability to probe and resolve issues
- Intellectual curiosity and tenacity
- Passion for continuous improvement - not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrable networking skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Investment Management experience.
- Audit experience.
- Potential and the desire to develop into a more senior role in time
- Experience of Hyperion HFM and JDE environments