- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Temporary, Full time
- Société Générale
Do you see yourself standing alone or standing out? Make the difference and join our team!
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 145,700 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
We are looking for a Junior Finance & Accounting Controller (m/f) to support our Finance Team in Frankfurt for the next possible date.
Finance & Accounting Controller
(Frankfurt am Main)
The Finance department of our branch in Frankfurt covers two entities: SG Frankfurt and SG Effekten. The main role of the Finance department is the supervision of the accounting and controlling function performed in our offshore locations for the two entities, the delivery and supervision of the regulatory reporting, managing German tax related matters and performing required analysis impacting the financial performance and financial risks of the entities.
We are looking for a Junior Finance & Accounting Controller, who will support the team for 12 months in various functions, e.g. with respect to regulatory reporting, supervision of tax matters, follow up of transfer pricing agreements, follow up of inter-entity billings and management fees as well as follow up of current account & project management.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- You will support regulatory reporting (AWV/BISTA and AUSTA, large Exposure KWG 14) e.g. by analyzing changes and checking quality of deliverables.
- You will coordinate/supervise specific work executed by departments in Paris, Bucharest and Bangalore.
- You will do the follow-up of cash transfers as well as of inter-entity billings and of current accounts.
- You will analyze open items from cash flow reconciliation between SG Effekten and SG Group companies (“Nostro” accounts in EUR, SEK, USD, CHF, AUD, CAD).
- You will contribute towards establishing half yearly financial statements in IFRS and German GAAP (e.g. by analyzing booking chains or by checking samples chosen by Auditors in the framework of year-end Audit).
- Part of your job is to deal with tax matters, such as handling reversed charge cases (booking, payment with tax group SG Frankfurt).
- you will review and complete monthly closing notes.
- Finally you will be involved and support in projects.
Experience & Technical Skills
- Master degree, ideally with a specialization in Finance, Accounting, or Corporate Tax
- First experience in regulatory reporting, corporate taxes or/and accounting
- Good command of MS Office Package, especially Excel, data-warehouse analysis (ACCESS)
- Analytical mind
- Fluency in German and English (written and orally) is important
Personal Skills & Competencies
- Tenacity and being result -and quality oriented
- Being a reliable team player
- Having the ability to plan and schedule
- Being pro-active and able to work both, independent and in a team
- Good communication skills (written and orally)
At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, nationality or ethnic origin.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, thrive on a challenge and want to become a part of a dedicated and driven team that strives for success, then please apply with a CV, cover letter and work certificates.