Rebates Operations Analyst CDD 14m
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £447.0 billion (€503.6 billion/$604.7 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,600 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
*as at 31 December 2017
• Supporting the replacement of the rebates engine project through data preparation, migration, and testing activities
• Performing business as usual tasks involving but not limited to rebate terms set-ups, reconciliations between client own calculations and internal Schroders results
• Providing analysis and commentary to the departmental head
• Maintaining accurate procedures whilst escalating any issues to the line manager
• Bachelor degree in Economics or Finance
• At least 2 years of similar or relevant experience in Asset Management business is required
• Strong English, with at least one additional European language (e.g. French, German, etc.)
• Excellent computer skills (advanced knowledge of MS Excel)
• Analytical and highly numerate
• Collaborative, team player, and proactive
• Self-starter, and fast learner who can implement system and process changes
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and emotionally resilient
• Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritise and multitask
• Highly organised with the ability to work independently, but must always be a team player