Production support engineer
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
The Production Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplined team, providing support to the production elements of the applications. The role is centered on application support, and requires a wide range of technical skills.
The Production Engineer will work closely with development and infrastructure teams to:
- Pro-actively monitor, manage and improve availability and performance of the production environments (from presentation and application layers to Infrastructure layers)
- Pro-actively manage the capacity of production applications
- Plan and implement application releases, load tests and configuration changes
- Customize production tools (monitoring, deployment, scheduling etc.)
- Contribute to medium and high scale technical projects as part of the by contributing in architecture review and design, upgrading and migrating application systems to new platforms.
- Provide feedback and propose solutions to management on performance, capacity and design issues
The Production Engineer will also work with other teams both within APAC and globally to respond to incidents and resolve issues promptly, often under pressure, to restore normal services to the business.
- System administration – In-depth knowledge in Linux/Unix and good knowledge on Windows systems
- Good general understanding of global infrastructure, firewalls, networking:
- Networks : Good understanding of network principals and practical knowledge of load balancing technologies, like F5 Big-IP is essential
- Monitoring – Experience in managing monitoring tools (such as ITRS Geneos)
- Automation – Experience to release and or server automation tools such as Ansible, BMC BladeLogic
- Knowledge of programming and scripting methodologies and demonstrable proficiency in writing code in one or more of the following languages; Python, Perl, Ruby, Java
- Data – Experience into Log indexing product such as Splunk and Elastic Search
- Application servers – Strong knowledge in configuring and supporting web technologies such as Tomcat, Apache, NGiNX, IIS
- Analytical skills - Ability to analyse data surrounding incidents to a fine level, investigate dependencies and evaluate possible areas for improvement, and actions with a view to automate resolution
- As this is a production support role, focusing across a range of different and mostly cutting-edge technologies, candidates must possess the aptitude and strong desire to learn and adapt when required.
- Advantage: Docker, Rancher, SQL datavases, ITIL