- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
Senior Data Business Analyst (Chief Data Office)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Business Analyst to work on a strategic data transformation initiative.
SCB established the Chief Data Office (CDO) in early 2014, reporting to the Group CIO. The primary objective of the CDO is to establish the data quality management framework (DQMF) and propagate adoption of the DQMF, allied procedures and processes across different functions of the Bank.
The Chief Data Office at SCB ensures awareness of, and confidence in, the bank's data in support of conduct objectives, risk management, regulatory reporting, customer experience, MIS/ business decision making and analytics.
The CDO Function plays a pivotal role in enabling the Bank's compliance with the various regulatory & compliance requirements. The team has been involved with a number of key programs like BCBS239, FATCA, IFRS, Financial Crime to ensure the adoption of the data quality management framework.
CDO is also driving the Enterprise Data management stream for normalization of the banks front to back data flows.
- Provide business & data analysis for the delivery of a centralized data management solution for risk reporting & risk analytics.
- Elicit data requirements from the Business stakeholders, including documentation of the data attributes, definitions & allied metadata.
- Lead a team of Data Analysts for a particular workstream within the Programme, including creation of the detailed work allocation plans, tracking of deliverables & resource management.
- Conduct workshops to capture data requirements & document the transformation rules.
- Document the functional specification documents & the mapping documents to enable creation of data marts.
- Track sign offs of the requirements documents.
- Provide support during user testing.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders to resolve clarifications on requirements, data quality issues across the system landscape & agree resolutions.
- Engage with key stakeholders, groups, and committees to support approval and implementation.
- Masters Degree from a recognised university.
- 10 years + experience in the Banking / Financial Services industry
- Business / Data analysis experience in implementing data warehousing programmes.
- Product knowledge of retail banking products.
- Business Analysis experience in Risk Processes (credit, liquidity, retail)
- Experience in implementing data quality controls in Risk Management processes in Banks / Financial Services firms.
- Expertise in data management, data governance & experience in working within the Chief Data Office
- Deep working knowledge of one or more regulatory requirements like BCBS239, Basel II, Basel III ,FATCA, IFRS , Financial crime impacting global financial institutions
- Understanding of key Data warehousing and Data architecture concepts
- Outstanding ability to write clear, concise and plain English.
- Outstanding ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds.
- Structured thinker with the ability to break down complexity into smaller parts to aid communication and implementation
- Self-starter and individual contributor who is comfortable with working within a geographically diverse line management structure
- Experience in developing policies, procedures and controls.
- Experience in Operational Risk management
- Experience in regulatory reporting.
- Experience in data protection and data privacy.
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...