Marketing Manager, FX Products
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for working alongside the Senior Director, Financial Products to market the full product suite we offer across the FX trade lifecycle - from Listed FX Futures and Options to our new Cash products on the EBS platform - to post trade OTC Clearing and connectivity. This person will work directly with the business owners to implement the product positioning, strategy, and delivery of all marketing, and closely with key Sales stakeholders.
The Product Marketing Manager will lead the integrated promotion and marketing campaigns of these products across all relevant channels. This role will also work across our other marketing and communication teams to implement these campaigns including; education, digital, creative, events, marketing technology and analytics, corporate branding, social and broadcast.
This is a global role, suitable to an individual with a strong understanding of financial markets and FX; experience partnering with products, sales and marketing teams; demonstrated track record of B2B marketing success; and a willingness and passion for creativity.
- An understanding of FX to develop strategic marketing plans
- Identifying the product positioning and marketing needs for campaigns and develop campaigns to fit these needs
- Engaging directly with customers, prospects and influencers to research, test and evolve the marketing message
- Monitoring of the competitive marketing landscape
- Defining the segmentation of target customers and prospects, and tailoring marketing content to specific segments
- Identifying and developing channels for product marketing such as industry groups and associations, conferences, buyer groups etc.
- Working with integrated marketing team to ensure campaigns are created, executed and measured against pre-defined goals and in alignment with business/sales goals
- Creating and maintain quarterly metric reports and bi-annual strategy documents
- Budget management for marketing of business lines
- The role requires experienced application of the following tactics and channels: online advertising; website management; direct marketing; industry events/tradeshows; content development; marketing collateral; education material, and social media.
- To fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
Experience & Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a persuasive and passionate communicator.
- Strong sense of collaboration and ability to work as part of a global team as well as with people of all levels.
- Considerable marketing experience with exposure to the finance industry is required and understanding of derivative markets and/or post-trade services/risk management is preferable.
- Comfortable in a global, matrixed organisation and working in cross functional teams.
- Experience in analysing and presenting marketing performance data to improve marketing performance and approach.
- Outstanding organisational, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Extensive practice in implementing digital marketing programs leveraging the latest technologies, media and marketing automation tools to develop effective communication with targeted clients.
- Strong ability to partner and maintain positive working relationships across internal teams and external customers/agencies/vendors.
- Proven ability to make decisions, manage projects and meet strict deadlines.
- Leader that can gain the support and efforts of stakeholders, teams and task owners.
- Proactively offers solutions, promotes and sell ideas persuasively, projects a positive professional image, works through conflicts, works effectively under stress, and operates independently to respond to change and ambiguity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Pardot, Salesforce and Google Analytics.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2:1 achieved
- This role is newly created to help us market our new combined entity across the FX markets.
- The primary business stakeholders for Listed and Cash FX are also in London
- This role will work on a significant growth area for the exchange
- Potential for 5-10% travel