About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 24,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role
We are currently recruiting for a consultant within our growing Fund Accounting department. The consultant has responsibility for accurately reviewing and sign off on NAV calculations. They are the subject matter expert on the team for all fund specific requirements. The consultant also leads the team in rolling out new system enhancements and procedures and collates and provides feedback from the fund accounting department to the relevant stakeholders. They may be an individual contributor or have one or two direct reports. This role will be attractive to candidates with prior fund accounting experience or relevant operational /accounting experience who want to progress their career in a 'best in class' environment The Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Responsible for co-coordinating systems testing in the team.
- Mentors individuals and peers during projects and assignments.
- Analytically and procedurally competent to represent the team on cross-function process or project deliverables.
- Responsible for the rollout of new procedures within the team in consultation with BPA/Team leaders/NAV Managers.
- Ability to provide input into long term strategy for department
- Experience of representing businesses to current clients via presentations etc.
- Instils a client service culture among staff and ensures that all clients receive a quality service.
- Experience of designing and implementing development plans, training plans and succession plans for all levels of staff.
- Identify tasks to be completed by the project team and ensure that they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Identify and delegate projects/assignments and tasks to individuals and peers. Maintain accountability for the projects/assignments. Provide progression feedback and recognition to the individuals and the project team.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Previous fund accounting experience or relevant operational experience preferred
- Detailed Knowledge of Enterprise and related Fund Accounting applications preferred
- Maintain an understanding of the industry and NT, in particular NT's systems, infrastructure and process/data flows.
- Experience with vendors an advantage (Bloomberg, Reuters etc)
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills.
- Evidence of successful negotiation skills
- Understanding of how Fund Accounting systems link and interface with other systems and an appreciation of how to implement such interfaces.
- Client service orientation
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team
- Good prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Organises own workload and establishes priorities
- Demonstrates good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks
- Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.