The Pictet Group
is one of the world's leading independent wealth and asset managers. Founded in 1805 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Group is represented at 30 offices in financial centres worldwide, and currently employs over 5200 people. Pictet has been present since 1989 in Luxembourg, where it employs over 700 people. Corporate Functions
includes the Group's non-banking activities and employs more than 600 people. These functions are carried out by specialists with expertise across all business units, and include Communications, Compliance, Finance, Human Resources, Information Security, Internal Audit, Legal, Organisation & Digital, Risk and Tax departments.
We are seeking to hire for the Finance Department of Bank Pictet & Cie (Europe) AG
a Finance Manager with at least five years' experience in the banking sector. Your role
You will be :
- responsible for accounting and finance as well as the tax reporting of the Bank in Germany.
- involved in numerous projects and play a role in the take-over and migration of the headquarters of the European Bank in Luxembourg to Frankfort.
- part of a stimulating international team, together with colleagues based in Frankfurt and Luxembourg and in charge of other entities across Europe.
Here will be your missions :
- Keeping the accounts of the Bank in Germany.
- Producing the tax reporting of the business unit Germany.
- Carrying out a monthly analysis of account variations and putting performance indicators (KPIs) in place to produce reliable financial data to ensure sound decision-making.
- Proactively contributing to accounting and tax regulatory watches.
- Providing assistance with accounting issues (German GAAP and IFRS) and related tax implications, where applicable, as well as reporting.
You will have the opportunity to develop in an international, dynamic and constantly changing environment, covering activities relating to general accounting, finance and taxation (both direct and indirect). Your profile
- Degree in Finance, Economics or Management.
- At least five years' experience in finance (German GAAP and IFRS) in the banking sector.
- Sound understanding of the full cycle of dependencies from payables/receivables, closing, tax and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of VAT, income and payroll tax.
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office and ideally SAP, Avaloq, Business Object and Tableau.
- Keen sense of responsibility, results oriented.
- Organizational flair, able to operate efficiently without supervision, adept at problem-solving.
- Ability to manage priorities.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong work ethic and genuine adaptability.
- Able to work well in a team.
- Excellent command of English and German. Knowledge of French or any other foreign language would be a real asset.
As the chosen candidate, you will clearly be a 'doer', who is motivated by the desire to take up a stimulating and highly empowering challenge, working for a group with an international reach. Note
We will not accept any CVs from agencies.
In accordance with the provisions of the Luxembourg law of 23 July 2016 amending the law of 29 March 2013, candidates may be required to provide an extract from their criminal record. This document, issued by the authorities, must not be older than three months. Such a document will be requested with the aim of carrying out a character check on candidates, bearing in mind the area of activity of our establishment and, more particularly, the tasks described in the job description.
Flexible and modern ways of working :
As a responsible and supportive employer, we promote the well-being of our employees through a set of flexible working arrangements, ranging from a work-from-home policy for eligible functions to opportunities for annualised part-time leave and extended parental leave. Diversity & Inclusion Pictet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.