At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. What you will be responsible for: PURPOSE:
Using discretion and judgment works independently and with others on the MFS Luxembourg team, as well as colleagues in Corporate Finance and Fund Treasury, on activities related to corporate accounting and collective investment fund accounting and administration matters. Maintains books and records for legal entities and branches as well as assisting in reporting strategic business units; assists in preparing regulatory reporting, financial forecasts and budget reports; performs ad-hoc analysis; maintains and enhances financial applications. In addition, the applicant will assist in the preparation of various Fund Treasury initiatives including preparation of financial statements, board materials and distribution activities. Working with the management team, helps to assure that the unit meets or exceeds client and department service expectations. Assist with and complete supervisor responsibilities in the absence of the supervisor. Assist in updating or drafting new policies and procedures. Support and assist in training of new staff. From a custody oversight perspective, the applicant will provide oversight of service providers for core custody functions. Frequently interact with custodians and internal support groups (GIS, Audit, Corporate Finance, etc.) to ensure adherence to service level standards and propriety of controls. Review custodian invoices and provide pro forma analyses upon request. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs the monthly financial close for managerial business unit(s) and legal entities inclusive of reconciliations, data maintenance and financial proofs. Prepares monthly financial and managerial reports. Performs accounting and financial analysis functions related to assigned strategic business unit(s) and legal entities.
- Prepares monthly financial and managerial reports - including periodic financial reports required by the CSSF. Performs accounting and financial analysis functions related to assigned strategic business unit(s) and legal entities. Takes a lead role in presenting the monthly MFS Lux financials at month-end close
- Prepares year-end statutory accounts. Prepares supporting documentation for independent audits of the Luxembourg Corporate legal entity. Works with others in Corporate Finance to coordinate responses to auditors' questions.
- Works with associates in Corporate Finance and Fund Treasury to improve accounting procedures and processes. Assists in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Prepares financial analysis on request to assist with investment products and operations decision making.
- Manages the Accounts Payable posting for MFS Lux expenses. Responsible for the FCP rebate billing process
- Communicates, presents and interfaces with Corporate Finance, business units, and a variety of external parties relating to financial reports and analysis.
- Review and analyze expenses of the collective investment products on an ongoing basis including review of fund invoices and payments.
- Contributes to oversight efforts related to MFS's external depository and fund accounting/custodian agent through the following:
- Meeting with the service provider on an ongoing basis to monitor progress on initiatives and discuss service issues
- Assisting in the formal monitoring of service provider performance through production and review of dashboard reporting
- Reviewing final NAV quality assurance reporting and resolving inquiries as required
- Overseeing the execution and back-testing related to the swing pricing process
- Reviewing service provider SOC 1 reports and evaluating testing exceptions and issues
- Participates in the production and review of shareholder reports and any required regulatory reporting as needed.
- Participates in fund accounting oversight activities such as fund distributions and as-of cap stock activity.
- Assists in the production and review of Board reporting as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of product initiative documentation surrounding fund and share class mergers, launches (including fee pro forma analyses) and closings and in-kind transactions.
- Discuss fund accounting and custody issues with auditors, compliance and custodian bank personnel if needed.
- Prepare and monitor asset based fees, expense caps, fund expense ratios, expense budgets, and prepares additional deliverables as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring performance of core custodial functions by MFS service providers, including but not limited to trade settlements, cash movements/claims, balance credits, foreign exchange monitoring, corporate action processing, past-due income receivables, tax reclaim filings/collection.
- Coordinate the assembly of a comprehensive metrics dashboard that summarizes established core custodial functions and submit to management for review.
- Coordinate regulatory initiates as required (i.e Long Form reporting process, redemption monitoring for CSSF submission).
- Review custody and accounting invoices to ensure adherence to the established fee schedule and monitor/research out-of-pocket and overdraft charges on a monthly basis for adequate support.
- Calculate and monitor ongoing expense charges related to Key Investor Information Document (KIID), fund prospectus, and other regulatory offering documents required for MFS Luxembourg domiciled funds.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with proven work related experience required
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of internal controls
- Strong personal computer skills including spreadsheet and database
- Ability to work independently on various projects to achieve desired results
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with solid attention to detail
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
At MFS, we view our employees as family - and like you, we want our family happy and healthy. That's why we provide competitive benefits programs and family-friendly policies which support the work-life balance needs of our employees.
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.