Senior Accountant, 6 month contract, Luxembourg
What is the opportunity?
You will be responsible for the efficient and accurate accounting and administration of closed and open ended investment companies, unit trusts and limited partnerships principally for private equity, property and infrastructure funds. You will also act as first point of contact for some client relationships.
What will you do?
• Preparation and oversight of monthly / quarterly management accounts for a portfolio of clients
• Preparation and oversight of annual financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP / US GAAP / IFRS /AUS
• Management of key deliverables
• Calculation of management fees, carried interest and distribution amounts, waterfall calculations
• Dealing with year-end audits and auditor queries
• Ensure compliance with client documentation and processes and procedures
• Investigate / Respond to client queries
• Attend client meetings and assist with the preparation of proposal documents and attend pitches for new work
• Develop and implement procedures and continually look to improve on procedures
• Coach, mentor and manage team members
What do you need to succeed?
• Professionally qualified, ideally ACA, ACCA or equivalent
• Ability to prepare final accounts from source documentation
• Ability to see tasks through to the end
• Ability to prioritise effectively and work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Proven experience of supervising and checking work of junior team members
• Good motivational skills
• Good presentation skills
• In depth knowledge of UK GAAP / US GAAP / IFRS, although training will be given
• Knowledge of private equity, property and infrastructure funds advantageous.