We are Alter Domus. Our name means "The Other House" and we're a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you're speaking to. And it's your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,500 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world's leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We're specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what's possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services. For our head office in Luxembourg, we are currently looking for a dynamic and analytical tax professional to join the Finance department as a GLOBAL tax manager . JOB DESCRIPTION:
As a Global Tax Manager, you will partner with the Global Head of Tax, in ensuring implementation of the tax strategies across all 21 countries of this fast-growth global professional services firm. You will work across a mix of corporate income tax, VAT and transfer pricing matters, further strengthening the management of all tax and compliance matters within the group in the different regions. You will work to enhance quality of our tax compliance and management and deliver commercial and P&L opportunities at a strategic and operational level.
You will report directly to the Global Head of Tax and you will work closely with the finance team in Luxembourg and the Regional CFO's and senior Finance leadership team in EMEA, US and APAC. Your main responsibilities include:
- Ownership of the corporate taxes of our substantial Luxembourg operations, including corporate tax returns, tax provisions and tax assessments for our holding and operating companies
- Act as contact person and representative for the Luxembourg tax authorities
- Providing support to the Global Head of Tax on all tax matters globally
- Reviewing and monitoring changes in tax legislations, regulations, and litigations
- Providing tax advice to Luxembourg and specific international operating business units
- Liaising with external tax advisers in relation to outsourced projects (e.g. M&A advisory)
- Proactively identifying, and reporting tax risks throughout the Group
- Supporting transfer pricing documentation/reporting for the Group and implementation of such
- Working with regional and group finance teams to ensure transfer pricing issues are identified and addressed appropriately
- Participating in international special projects such as intra-group restructuring and assisting in the assessment of operational implications and providing practical advice.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant working experience in corporate tax, VAT and transfer pricing (not all of these are required, but an appreciation of the tax areas that you are not specialized in is an asset).
- You have a degree in accounting/tax or a related field and/ or Chartered Professional Accountant and/or Chartered Tax Advisor.
- Experience in Luxembourg GAAP, Luxembourg tax system and working with Luxembourg tax authorities
- Experience in US and other European taxes would be considered useful
- You are familiar with the tax challenges within an international organization.
- Strong excel skills.
- Being a team player with "hands-on" mentality and by adopting a proactive approach towards day-to-day handling of tasks and projects.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are proactive, with the ability to multi-task and learn quickly, and feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- You possess team spirit, risk awareness and high integrity when dealing with confidential information.
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of French considered as an asset.
Our team is multinational and collaborative and our corporate language is English.