Founded in 1856, Banque Internationale à Luxembourg is the oldest multi-business bank in the Grand Duchy. From its foundation, the BIL has always played an active role in the development of the Luxembourg economy. It currently operates in retail, private and corporate banking, as well as on major capital markets. Employing more than 2 000 people, BIL is present in the financial hotspots that are Luxembourg, Switzerland, and China.
As a major player in Luxembourg's finance industry and as a signatory of the UN Principles of Responsible Banking, BIL is committed to handing over a responsible and sustainable bank to future generations.
Within the Institutional Banking (IB) department, you will be responsible for acquiring new clients (Asset Managers, Banks, ...) and developing relationships with existing clients by proposing innovative products and services (Financings, Custodian services, Market solutions...).
Your next challenge:
- Source and manage autonomously new clients (Asset Managers, Banks..) and transactions (Equity Bridge Financing, AIF Depositary Services, Bank Financings…) through active prospecting for the entire Institutional Banking department and maximize cross-selling with existing clients;
- Identify, negotiate and execute opportunities (term sheets, internal committees, legal documentations, etc.);
- Act as first "line of defence" for complex services solutions in accordance with BIL's lending policy guidelines and governance rules;
- Promote the Institutional Banking activity both internally and externally (conferences, events, training, etc.).
- Generate new customers for the Institutional Banking department. Achieve expected results in terms of revenue while providing the first line of defense;
- Actively collaborate with the Relationship Managers and take the lead when growth opportunities are identified within their portfolios;
- Work on innovative proposals that highlight the full range of solutions available to institutional clients, and position yourself as a partner who can provide a comprehensive and consistent offering. Redirect the day-to-day management of clients to the Relationship Managers;
- Contribute to the technical training of the Relationship Managers to enable them to identify opportunities with their customers;
- Proactively position the Institutional Banking Value Proposition with existing and prospective clients and with an external network of strategic partners for BIL in close collaboration with the other Business Developers;
- Respect all procedures and compliance obligations (KYC, AML, etc...);
- Be a driving force in the development of products and services.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience;
- 10 years+ prior experience in business development and in corporate finance or institutional banking;
- Strong knowledge and previous exposure to corporate finance or institutional banking;
- Experience in drafting and monitoring contractual documents (LMA standard);
- Very good knowledge of fund structuring techniques, asset classes and alternative investment funds (Private Equity, Real Estate...) or of the bank industry.
- English and French ; German and Mandarin are considered as asset.
- Entrepreneurial mindset ;
- Highly motivated, dedicated and willingness to learn combined with outstanding service and client orientation;
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously and in a team;
- Precise, attention to detail, organized with a good ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines;
- Team player with a high level of initiative and enthusiasm;
- Excellent analytical skills combined with the ability to quickly understand complex business topics;
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong network of external contacts (professional experts).
BIL offers a broad range of challenging projects and a huge choice of career paths .We will assist you in finding the one that best meets your skills and expectations. Your personal development is our priority and we greatly encourage you to dive into different business areas for the broadest possible experience.
BIL is firmly of the opinion that diversity & inclusion contribute towards increasing the collective performance of the Bank. We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion that encourages individual development with equal opportunities for all.
NB: The selected candidate will be asked to provide an extract from the criminal record (no.3) as evidence of integrity and justified with regard to the specific needs of the position to be filled.