The Pictet Group
is one of the world's leading independent wealth and asset managers. Founded in 1805 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, the Group is represented at 30 offices in financial centres worldwide, and currently employs over 5200 people. Pictet has been present since 1989 in Luxembourg, where it employs over 700 people. Corporate Functions
includes the Group's non-banking activities and employs more than 600 people. These functions are carried out by specialists with expertise across all business units, and include Communications, Compliance, Finance, Human Resources, Information Security, Internal Audit, Legal, Organisation & Digital, Risk and Tax departments.
In your role as Senior Compliance Officer
, you will contribute proactively to monitoring the Bank's compliance risk and managing the compliance risk monitoring framework.
You will act as a second line of defence (L2") within the Compliance department of Bank Pictet & Cie (Europe) AG, in Luxembourg Branch. Your role
- On of your focus responsibilities will be Compliance with European sanctions regulation, related functional specifications, risk assessments, control testing and related external communication with regulators & supervisors.
- You will act as deputy Anti-Money-Laundering responsible officer for Luxembourg branch
- Playing an active role in defining, organising and carrying out thematic review activities, particularly in the form of reviews of processes and regulatory practices, together with control testing, including control activities carried out by L1 Segregated control units.
- Ensuring and organising the regular updating of L2 Compliance relevant risk analyses.
- contributing to the development of the compliance control testing & monitoring programme.
- Providing support and advice (Trusted Advisor) as part of the implementation of regulatory projects in compliance-related areas.
- Actively participating in and contributing to the coordination and gathering of information required as part of the monitoring carried out by the supervisory authorities (On-Site & Off-Site Inspections), and missions carried out by the internal and external audit functions.
- Helping to monitor the network of branches and subsidiaries from a compliance point of view (Oversight) and reporting on compliance risk, e.g. in focus topic sanctions risk.
- Helping to draw up and supply management information and key risk indicators as part of the compliance risk reporting system for the bank's and the Group's management bodies.
- Supporting the organisation of the Compliance department and contributing to the development of the department's own organisational measures, in particular by managing or participating in projects to implement new activities or new control systems and by organising, monitoring and updating the department's internal standard operating procedures.
- Holder of a higher education degree (preferably university, or equivalent level) or experienced professional who has completed a cycle of continuing education in compliance. Very good knowledge of regulatory requirements and practices, particularly in the areas of Investor Protection, Anti-Money Laundering/countering terrorism financing and sanctions circumvention (AML/CFT, sanctions risk mgt.), ideally also on Prevention of Market Abuse and depositary bank Custody related topics.
- Previous experience of 5 to 10 years in a similar role with a bank or financial sector professional, or in an audit function (internal/external) in the practice of verifying compliance with Investor Protection and AML/CFT rules and other areas such as Prevention of Market Abuse, Governance and Internal Control. Ability to define, manage and lead projects, and an affinity for contemporary risk management methods and IT-tool related Compliance risk management solutions.
- Familiarity with Wealth Management and Asset Servicing, and good knowledge of banking operations, (e.g. payment transfers, safeguarding of client assets). Previous experience of the Avaloq core banking system, data analytics and visualisation tools (like tableau) and MetricStream IT-tool would be an asset.
- Fluency in French, very good knowledge of English (or vice versa); good understanding and practice of German will be considered as a strong asset.
- Proactivity and autonomy | Analytical ability (investigative skills), sense of proportionality (Risk-Based Approach) and critical thinking (Professional Judgment) | Editorial and communication skills, sense of diplomacy | Team spirit (solidarity)|Ability and facility in the use of IT systems and new technologies | Discretion, rigour and organisational skills.
We will not accept any CVs from agencies.
In accordance with the provisions of the Luxembourg law of 23 July 2016 amending the law of 29 March 2013, candidates may be required to provide an extract from their criminal record. This document, issued by the authorities, must not be older than three months. Such a document will be requested with the aim of carrying out a character check on candidates, bearing in mind the area of activity of our establishment and, more particularly, the tasks described in the job description. Flexible and modern ways of working
As a responsible and supportive employer, we promote the well-being of our employees through a set of flexible working arrangements, ranging from a work-from-home policy for eligible functions to opportunities for annualised part-time leave and extended parental leave. Diversity & Inclusion Pictet is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. We respect all individuals and seek their inclusion in the workplace.