About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Role/ Department:
Joining Northern Trust as a senior controller, you will be a member of the Luxembourg Finance team. The team is responsible for the provision of finance and business support to Northern Trust Global Services SE (NTGS) and its branches.
Your role will have a particular focus on the NTGS Swiss Branch and will be responsible for the accounting and analytical activities, as well as different projects with minimal supervision. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for corporate consolidation and reporting of financial results for the total corporation in conformity with rigorous standards for accuracy and timeliness required by the corporation and other external bodies.
- Oversees the financial reporting processes including the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes. Owns the production and accuracy of the monthly financial reporting to the Management Committee.
- Oversees the production and accuracy of the regulatory & statistical reporting to be filed with the regulator - acts as the main interface to the EMEA regulatory reporting teams based in Ireland and the UK. Assists in the preparation, completion, and documentation of all relevant regulatory reporting.
- Owns and assists with the production and accuracy of the branch's financial statements in Swiss GAAP and acts as the main liaison to the EMEA financial control team in Ireland and the external auditors in Luxembourg and Switzerland; also owns the coordination of regulatory audit engagements.
- Supports and oversees the VAT and corporate tax processes for all legal entities and acts as the main point of contact to the EMEA Tax team based in the UK and Ireland.
- Owns and assists with the Management Reporting, Planning and Analysis processes, including on-going projects. Primary responsibilities include business case analysis and review, monthly reporting of results, annual planning process, periodic forecast process and various ad hoc requests.
- Acts as a key contact for various internal and external partners with the ability to communicate succinctly and interpret financial results in non-technical accounting terms to business leaders.
- Perform various analyses to assess the impact of financial strategies on the financial position and operating results of the organization. Provides input and support to budget management process.
- Work with various internal and external partners on cross-function processes or projects providing analytical and procedurally represent the team.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
Working with Us:
- Advanced IFRS expertise is required; US GAAP, Luxembourg GAAP and Swiss GAAP knowledge are a plus;
ACCA or CPA qualification;
- Proven experience in the financial sector, preferably in a bank or in external audit of banks;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Luxembourg regulation applicable to credit institutions; knowledge and understanding of Swiss regulations are a plus;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both in English and German;
- In-depth functional / industry knowledge is required;
- Ability to manage and work with teams remotely;
- Ability to work independently, 'self-starter', highly flexible and adaptable to change;
- The ability to research, resolve and communicate complex accounting or reporting issues as they arise is a requirement;
- Excellent analytical, organisation and time management skills;
- Extensive personal computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office); other technical skills (e.g. automation software, Peoplesoft, TM1, etc.) are a plus.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater Reasonable accommodation:
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.